From: aus-soaring-boun...@lists.internode.on.net
[mailto:aus-soaring-boun...@lists.internode.on.net] On Behalf Of
gstev...@bigpond.com
Sent: Monday, 28 February 2011 7:54 PM
To: Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.
Subject: [Aus-soaring] Latest GFA President's Update report

Re "new" name for the new gliding only, magazine.

I wonder if anything could be better than the iconic name that stood us in
good stead for so many decades - "Australian Gliding" ?

Re Blaniks

The President confirms that the Llewelyn mod for  8 Blaniks is OK, and
should be OK for others provided they are "modified to the full extent of
the STC to L13A1 standard".

Much of this note seems quite premature, given that facilitating "work is in
progress". The three obvious questions that arise are:

1.  How much?

2.  Who is approved to do the work?

3. Who is actually prepared to do the work?

The first question give rise to a further question;

4. Is it worth it?

My guess is that the answer to the first question is "substantial", to the
second "many",  to the third "very few - unless they can make big bucks from
their efforts." and to the last "no".

It all appears to be a bit like the question "Do you want the good news
first, or the bad news first?"

Re John Viney Retirement

I wish John Viney well in his retirement. A very dedicated officer of the
GFA, who has professionally helped me out on more than a few occasions. I
suspect his efforts will be sadly missed. Good luck Edwin! Who was the idiot
(sorry .. person), said you can die of boredom in your retirement, unless
you plan it carefully?

Gary