From: "Matt Gage" <m...@knightschallenge.com>
To: "Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia."
<aus-soaring@lists.internode.on.net>
Subject: [Aus-soaring] GFA Site/accident
Date: Thu, Apr 26, 2012 14:25
Could also be that the impact caused some corruption to the current file, which
makes it impossible to see and/or download using the normal tools. It could
potentially be accessed by the manufacturer if critical.

Matt

On 26/04/2012, at 13:59 , Matthew Scutter wrote:Most GPS loggers begin the
trace only after a certain duration of
movement above a certain speed.
It's also possible it bunches a number of points to write out together
every x minutes - common behaviour in embedded devices to extend their
working life. If the power was cut before it was written out, you'd
have nothing.

Have someone unplug it on climb out and see what happens?

-Matthew