I agree with the OPs Panel.  The International Competition Licence was
never necessary and should not have been adopted for domestic competition.
The Glider Pilot Certificate has some merit and I personally am very happy
to adopt that for our competitions.  It is a lot more comprehensive than
the old Silver badge.

What happens if you fly  a potential record  flight and you don't have an
International Competition Licence.   Can you apply for it retrospectively?