From: aus-soaring-boun...@lists.internode.on.net
[mailto:aus-soaring-boun...@lists.internode.on.net] On Behalf Of James Dutschke
Sent: Monday, 27 April 2015 7:25 PM
To: Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] varios, redundancy

Straw poll.

Has anyone, had a vario failure.

Sent from my iPhone

On 27 Apr 2015, at 19:14, Nick Gilbert <cirru...@gmail.com
<mailto:cirru...@gmail.com> > wrote:

Surely a backup electric vario is a more useful backup than a mechanical? With
its own emergency battery you get a backup audio and averager as well as the
needle. With all the stress that goes with a power failure having to stare at
the instrument would make things worse.

Nick

On 27 Apr 2015, at 5:41 pm, Peter Champness <plchampn...@gmail.com