On Sun, 27 Feb 2011, Ian Kent wrote:

You didn't look:
* Mon Feb 07 2011 Fedora Release Engineering
<rel-...@lists.fedoraproject.org> - 5:6.1.5-18
- Rebuilt for https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_15_Mass_Rebuild

Standard practice when branching a release, to ensure packages that may
not have been re-built don't have broken dependencies.

I did look and saw that. I guess I always considered those as code version numbers, not compilation version numbers, my bad. Good to know.

What are you saying?
If you add this patch to Fedora am-utils it then works?

Yes. I downloaded the F14 SRPM for am-utils, changed that one line, did an rpmbuild, and it works with the default F14 kernel.

The F14 supplied amd from am-utils-6.1.5-17 does NOT work at all with autofs - we compiled a kernel with autofs3 enabled, amd would not load. We tried our F12 kernel (which we compiled with autofs3 enabled and which worked on our F12 machines), along with the amd from F14 and amd wouldn't load. We copied over the F12 amd binaries, and the F12 amd loaded fine with both of our F14 and F12 kernels that we modified for autofs3.