Hello,

I am trying to use the -host map for global access to servers in my
environment.

I have noted on this list that after the first mount of a server via host
mapping, the server is never again probed for mount points.  This seems like
a major flaw in the host map functionality.   This is a problem when adding
new file systems to our NFS servers.   It means systems have to be
completely idled in order to get them to unmount and re-mount the servers to
see the new mount points (not possible very often in my environment).

Is the assumption that if you use host mapping, your server will either
never change, or you have the ability to 'reboot' your environment when a
new file system is added to a server?

Is there any way that functionality could be added that would allow for
sending a signal ( say USR2 ) that would cause the automounter to re-run
/etc/auto.net to re-query -host managed servers for new file systems?

I am running RHEL5u4 and using autofs-5.0.1-0.rc2.131.el5

Thanks for any help.
--
-MichaelC