Hello,

I'm attempting to migrate an existing (and working) nis automount system to ldap. We have several layers of nested maps and I'm attempting to recreate that in LDAP.

# Automount master for "/foo"
dn: cn=/foo, ou=auto.master,dc=phy,dc=duke,dc=edu
objectClass: automount
cn: /foo
automountInformation: ldap ldapserver:ou=auto.phy,dc=phy,dc=duke,dc=edu

dn: ou=auto.phy, dc=phy,dc=duke,dc=edu
objectClass: top
objectClass: automountMap
ou: auto.phy

# mounting "/foo/web" works great!
dn: cn=web, ou=auto.phy, dc=phy,dc=duke,dc=edu
objectClass: automount
cn: web
automountInformation: -fstype=nfs nfsserver01:/srv/httpd

# here is my attempt at nesting another level
dn: cn=project, ou=auto.phy,dc=phy,dc=duke,dc=edu
objectClass: automount
cn: project
automountInformation: ldap ldapserver:ou=auto.project,dc=phy,dc=duke,dc=edu

# This fails. I get "automount: failed to mount /foo/project
dn: ou=auto.project, dc=phy,dc=duke,dc=edu
objectClass: top
objectClass: automountMap
ou: auto.project

# this never shows up (ghosting enabled)
dn: cn=linux, ou=auto.project, dc=phy,dc=duke,dc=edu
objectClass: automount
cn: linux
automountInformation: -fstype=nfs nfsserver02:/srv/linux

I can't see to find an example of nest ldap maps. I'm using autofs-5.0.5-31.el6 if that makes any difference.

Thanks!
Jimmy Dorff