On Fri, 2011-06-17 at 16:40 -0400, Jimmy Dorff wrote:
> On 06/17/2011 10:40 AM, Jimmy Dorff wrote:
> > # here is my attempt at nesting another level
> > dn: cn=project, ou=auto.phy,dc=phy,dc=duke,dc=edu
> > objectClass: automount
> > cn: project
> > automountInformation: ldap ldapserver:ou=auto.project,dc=phy,dc=duke,dc=edu
>
> My problem was the lack of "-fstype=autofs".

Oh .. yeah, that may well be it, but that should have been needed in the
original map. Maybe a look at a debug log would be useful and that
should show pretty quickly if it is just the missing fstype option.

> This works:
> dn: cn=project,ou=auto.phy,dc=phy,dc=duke,dc=edu
> objectClass: automount
> cn: project
> automountInformation: -fstype=autofs ou=auto.project,dc=phy,dc=duke,dc=edu
>
> I also think this is called "layering" rather than "nesting".. but I'm
> not sure.

Maybe, but the terminology I've always used for these is "submount", as
in a sub autofs mount.

Ian