I am delighted with the general enthusiasm about the project.

I have to make some clarification on the anaglyph (passive 3D-stereo like
red/cyan glasses). This technique isn't the most complicated to implement,
unlike the active 3D-stereo with the polarized glasses for example.
The anaglyph system implemented in Avogadro is experimental. It is a
solution lightened of some geometrical aspects. This was not an easy job
(management of camera and view/world matrix in Avogadro does not help). The
adjustment of angle/spacing between the 2 images is planed. But, I work
exclusively on one display. I can not speculate on the possibility of
bringing the current solution on another display system.

Now, the 3d-stereo is not my priority. Since I am the only developer in this
project, many other stuff must be realized (to improve the stability and the
ergonomics of the plugins).

Regards,
Mickaël Gadroy
Ingénieur d'Etudes / Consulting engineer

Université de Reims Champagne-Ardenne
Département de Mathématiques et Informatique
UFR Sciences Exactes et Naturelles
Campus du Moulin de la Housse
BP 1039 - 51687 REIMS Cedex 2 - France
www.univ-reims.fr / www.univ-reims.eu

2011/3/12 Geoffrey Hutchison <geo...@pitt.edu>

> *Anaglyph (Red-Cyan)/3D possibilities have been implemented.*
>

> In my opinion, this is as exciting as the WiiChem -- most other packages
> with Anaglyph visualization are closed-source. I assume there's a way to
> adjust the angle/spacing between the two images?
>
> I'm curious because in my department, we have a specialized 3D projector
> that uses two separate displays. If you have implemented Anaglyph, it won't
> be too hard to support 2-channel visualization either.
>
> Thanks,
> -Geoff
>
>  ---
> Prof. Geoffrey Hutchison
> Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry
> University of Pittsburgh
> http://hutchison.chem.pitt.edu/
> Office: (412) 648-0492

WebRep