A few weeks ago, I posted a very informal survey about community financial
support for Avogadro.

The results were very positive, particularly considering that I didn't really
"push" the survey very hard (e.g., on the Avogadro webpage, other community
forums).

I have talked a bit with the University of Pittsburgh about handling recurring
weekly or monthly donations and crowd-sourced funding for Avogadro. I'm
cautiously optimistic. It can provide accountability for the spending and in
the US, it's giving to a designated non-profit organization.

The downside is that Pitt can't do this now.

I see two main services right now:
* Gratipay (e.g., add a shield to the README and website) https://gratipay.com
* Bounty Source https://www.bountysource.com

I think the both have some benefits. Gratipay doesn't take a cut. Bounty Source
allows people to target particular features as well as just general
contributions.

Thoughts? Has anyone worked with either? Are there other alternatives?

My hope is that we can get some bounties going soon to encourage small but
useful contributions, e.g.,
- Travis & AppVeyor builds and GitHub integration (e.g., ensuring working
builds at all times)
- Eigen3 support for Avogadro v1.x as a stop-gap until Avo2 is released
- Integrating msym point group symmetry library
(https://github.com/OpenChemistry/avogadrolibs/pull/55)
- etc.

-Geoff