Hi,
I have filledup the acquistion date as original date.
But after import, when you go for acquistion, the
system gives the date as 01/01/2006. As you told may
be my first period is from 2006. So If I keep period
much before it will take accordingly. . But this date
is taken as "Acquistion date" after posting the
journal but the "Depreciation run date" is same as I
kept in the excel sheet(In my case , say 10/01/1981).
I afraid this may lead cofusions for the users, right?

Regards,
GR.

--- James Flavell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> It is fine to load up assets as they oringally were
> and run aquistion and
> depreciation for these.  The only thing is you will
> need ledger periods
> going back however far you want to post back in time
> (even if you setup your
> profile to debit and credit the same GL account).
>
> Not sure why you are getting 1/1/2006 but have you
> filled in the right
> aquistion date on the asset?  Is 1/1/2006 the first
> ledger period you have
> in your system?

=== message truncated ===

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for
today's economy) at Yahoo! Games.