From: Christian Poecher [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2007 10:16 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: How to make SOAP messages smaller?

Hi there,

I am currently making a scientific application web service ready. Since
the data that gets transferred can be quite big, I am looking for a good
solution to make the SOAP messages small.

The input data, which consist mainly of doubles is usually given in
binary files. I can use WS-Attachments to transfer those files, but I
also have an RPC version, which sends human readable messages with ASCII
data. Sadly, the blow-up using RPC style is just incredible, so I am
looking into possibilities to make the SOAP messages smaller and still
retain clearer interface and easy debugging using RPC.

What techniques can I use to compress the data? Is there a better
approach then just send binary files? Is it possible to use RPC, but
have the doubles sent as binary?

TIA,
Chris