You're asking for "events" support, and I don't think Axis has it because SOAP doesn't (I could be wrong). But have a look at GENA (general event notification architecture)

http://www.upnp.org/download/draft-cohen-gena-client-01.txt

It is http-based, and this is what UPnP use (they also use SOAP for invocation).

/daniel

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi,

Excuse me for the re-post. I did not get any replies..

Hi,

Would like to know if the following is feasible (if yes, how) with Axis.

A SOAP client registers with a SOAP server: <send me a message when event XYZ occurs>

When XYZ occurs, how should the server callback? Is there anything provided as part of the Axis framework?

1. Should this be done out of Axis framework; for example, client may have an HTTP
server listening at a registered port and SOAP server does an HTTP POST when the event
occurs?
2. Is this task easier if the transport is asynchronous, like JMS?
3. Any other solution which you could suggest (preferably having HTTP transport).

Thanks,
Suresh