From: Ricky Ho [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2003 4:41 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Callbacks in SOAP application

Note that I'm comparing UDP multicast with sending a message repeatedly
over multiple HTTP/TCP connections.

>  1)Reliability: The UDP packets might be lost depending on the network
>                 conditions, as you may know.

As I said, the callback message in this application-specific case is
affordable to be lost.

>  2)Security   : The multicast pakets have a risk to wiretap by unconcerned
>                 people (i.e. many other clients).

You have to encrypted the message.

>  3)Traffic    : The multicasting is the couse of high-traffic network.

No.  It is much better than multiple TCP connections.

>  4)Scope      : The scope of the multicasting will be inside the private
>                 network such as 'the same segment' or 'intranet'.

This is true is most cases.  But the multi-cast can go over segments if IP
multicast router is installed.

Rgds, Ricky