On 30-Mar-07, at 1:15 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

These are OK.
PerlModule AxKit2
SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler AxKit2

I doubt they're "OK" - they just get ignored at startup time. AxKit2 doesn't work as an apache2 module.

It runs stand-alone. If you need to serve via Apache2 you'll need a reverse proxy setup. Here's how I serve home.sergeant.org:

<VirtualHost 195.35.176.119>
ServerName home.sergeant.org
ProxyRequests Off
ProxyPass / http://home.sergeant.org:8001/
ProxyPreserveHost On
</VirtualHost>

I have Axkit2 1.1 from theory repository. I also get this familiar
error on the axkit console:
Error creating server on port 8080 : IO::Socket::INET:
Perhaps axkit is simply not functional at this point so Apache cannot
properly integrate it ?

No, it's probably you have Apache2 trying to start on port 8080 and AxKit2 trying to start on that port too.

Matt.