On 8/22/07, Jörg Walter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I assume you are talking about the session plugin, which is indeed
> AxKit-specific, although the core of the question is not.

I stand corrected here. I thought photes('GLOBAL') had something to do
with mod_perl, like pnotes itself, but found that it only occurred in
AxKit modules; hence I (wrongly) concluded it was a property of AxKit
itself.

> Good question. I think there is no Apache->request() object at that point, but
> you might try nevertheless.
>
> A hackish way would be to use the Apache::Session modules directly and bind
> session ID '00000000000...' (32 zeroes), that's where GLOBALS is stored. You
> should not set crucial variables there, however. If those variables are
> critical for your web application, you are better off using a database.

Hmm. That was just what I was trying to avoid. :) The variables are
stored in a database, but they don't change very much -only when
certain handlers are called- so I wanted to avoid unnecessary reading
from the database by storing the variables as globals, that would only
need to be changed upon (re)starting Apache and when said handlers are
called. But it seems like it's not worth all the trouble, especially
since in the meantime I found some other ways to reduce the number of
times the load-globals-from-database function is.

Thanks anyway.

Martijn