> For the complete framework of the public's and BBC's legal
responsibility,
> it is worth reading the BBC's disclaimer and House Rules.
>
>       "You also agree to indemnify the BBC against all legal fees,
damages and
> other expenses that may be incurred by the BBC as a result of your
breach of > the above warranty"

>       I would suggest that Auntie has herself clearly protected, yet
> again.....

I'm no lawyer, but if such a case was brought, then the BBC could still
be found at fault.  The cost is in a way, incidental (and in another
way, is not!)  All the House Rules do is say that if there was a
problem, the BBC would try and recouperate its loses from the "cause" of
the problem.

Of course, there's no guarentee that that money would be ever reclaimed.
So better to try and prevent the incident, rather than respond to it in
my personal opinion :)  Legal cases of the past have naturally made
large publishers of online content more than a little wary...