On Fri, 2 Mar 2007, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
<<Mr Highfield said the BBC would not be hunting down all BBC-copyrighted clips already uploaded by YouTube members - although it would reserve the right to swap poor quality clips with the real thing, or to have content removed that infringed other people's copyright, like sport, or that had been edited or altered in a way that would damage the BBC's brand.

This development is excellent news but what popped into my head when I read about it was, "how on earth are the BBC getting all the rights to allow YouTube to do this?" After hearing that Dyke's plan to open the archives was scuppered by a conductor with a short term contract, I assume that the legal beagals have been very, very busy to allow this content to go out?