On Mon, 2007-03-05 at 21:41 +0000, Andy wrote:
> If it doesn't do anything bad why is the source code hidden?!

Real publish the code to all but (some of) the codecs, I believe. You
can build a "RealPlayer" for yourself, using binary-only libraries for
those.

> I know where there is an Arm board, do I need to shake a stick at it?
> Does Real Player run on Arm? There's always someone who has an obscure
> piece of kit.

Actually it does. The Nokia 770/800 Internet Tablet devices run ARM
Linux, and ship with Real support.

Real is a suboptimal choice -- Ogg would be _much_ better. But at least
it's better than WMV-only.

--
dwmw2