Hi All,

So as many of you have noticed the Backstage mailing list has really grown in
regards to traffic and users. We are honestly enjoying the topics and
discussion. We truly believe the future of the BBC exist somewhere in here.
However as with all growth, the noise also grows.

So I would like to remind people that the Backstage list is still a good place
to talk shop about the industry, trends, the bbc and technologies. But were
also a place for development and trying out some of the things discussed.

For example if you believe Joost is the way forward, why not try building a
XULrunner application and hosting some of the BBC's podcast content as an
example. Share it with us and the rest of the community. We have all (including
myself) been doing lot's of talking and maybe not enough trying and
experimenting - is what I'm getting at.

The Backstage list is open to anyone and we would like to keep it that way, but
we could go with a moderated system if the noise gets worst. There's also been
thoughts around a new backstage-announce list for those who want to hear just
from Backstage. Its all part of growing and maturing I guess.

So in closing,

This may sound quite negative but its not :) Just a reminder.
Like most places consider your reply or email before hitting send and have a
think about what practical things can be done to prove your point. There's
nothing better that proving the point with a prototype...

Cheers,

I look forward to your comments and suggestions as we move forward.

Ian Forrester || backstage.bbc.co.uk || cubicgarden.com || geekdinner.co.uk