On 09/01/2008, Iain Wallace <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Silverlight take-up has been poor; Flash seems widespread but limited
> > by its proprietary nature; XUL+etc is free but uptake also poor.
> >
> > Could Gnash blind-side the entire Web stack?
>
> Surely Gnash is just sitting on top of the existing web stack?

Consider the GTK Gnash that runs standalone, not inside a web browser
as a plugin.

Zed's comments struck me as being about "RIA" style non-web network
application infrastructures. Each of the proprietary software company
heavyweight contenders (MS, Adobe, Mozilla) is flawed in some way, but
Gnash seems it could take Adobe's format but leave the proprietary
flaw.

--
Regards,
Dave