I use get_iplayer to get the HD content from the BBC, this means my Windows
7 machine will use the hardware decoder on the video card, this gives the
best possible quality and no dropped frames.

Why the Flash iPlayer client can't use the hardware acceleration.  I get
lots of dropped frames watching through the iPlayer Desktop.

2009/12/30 Barry Carlyon <ba...@barrycarlyon.co.uk>

>>> I don't know what's next for TV (anyone's guess is as good as mine)
>>> but I can have some fun imagining it too.
>>>

>> I hear BBC one HD and BBC TWO HD are on the cards...
>>

> Now HD is an interesting one, but I don't think my laptop or Broadband
> bandwidth will like that, I take my TV thru Live iPlayer at the moment, the
> TV just gets in the way, as in I can double my computer monitor for PC use,
> TV watching, or Xbox Playing.....
>
> --
> Barry Carlyon
> "Located Between Al-Jazeera and BBC Radio 1"
>
> SRA Chart Officer
> Webmaster: http://LSRfm.com - Leeds Student Radio
>
> http://barrycarlyon.co.uk
>
> mobile: 07729 048 443