Erik Huggers has been briefing today - and has said that iPlayer will be iPad
friendly in time for UK iPad launch this
Friday.

Telegraph article interprets it wrongly I think (saying that it is a
downloadable app) - but anyway - principle is
clear.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/7768352/BBC-iPlayer-coming-to-Apple-iPad.html

Paul