The last half decade of work by the people who have worked on and
supported BBC Backstage have been recognised in a especially
commissioned ebook.  This marks the conclusion of backstage as an active
project for us here in R&D, but it's not by any means the end of the
journey.  As the servers go dark and the feeds are migrated, we'll see a
new public facing site appear to support developers outside the BBC, and
the ground work set out by R&D's project to foster Open Data will become
'business as usual'.

In the next day or so there will be a blog post on the R&D Blog flagging
this transition, and we hope an interview in the press too, but to take
a look at 'Hacking the BBC' now go to http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/.

I'd like to offer a personal thanks to everyone we've worked with over
these last five years- you really are too many to mention, but I think
special thanks go to Ben Metcalfe, Tom Loosemoore, Tom Coates, Matthew
Cashmore, Dave Crossland, Matt Locke, Adrian Woolard, Brendan Crowther,
Suw Charman-Anderson, Rain Ashford, James Boardwell, and Ian Forrester,
and many many more.  When the blog posts go up we'd be delighted to hear
more of your feedback, and of course do let us know what we have
forgotten.

The ebook was written and edited by Suw and by Jim McLennan, and
illustrated wonderfully by Nicola Rowlands, with a foreword by Bill
Thompson- we thinks it's a really special record of the tremendous idea
that was, and is, Backstage, and we hope you like it too,

Best wishes for 2011 from all the Backstage alumni

Don't be strangers!

Ant

P.S.  These lists will remain open for as long as you guys want them
too.