I keep getting these errors with random files. I am trying to backup a server that has in excess of 1,000,000 files. The box has 2gigs of ram. It just seems to crash on random files, doesn't matter whether they are .html, pdf or whatever.. I've increased the timeout in the config.pl - that did nothing. I am using Debian 3.1, so I tried to build backuppc from source with the latest patch and still I get the same problems. I have no problems backing up the data over local servers, but when I attempt to backup a server that is out of the office, it crashes. Below is the errors I keep getting:

  same     644 1002/1002       18242 www/XXX/docs.1/form/contact_us.html
  same     644 1002/1002       18811 www/XXX/docs.1/form/quote_request_form.html

Read EOF:
Tried again: got 0 bytes
Child is aborting
Parent read EOF from child: fatal error!
Done: 22635 files, 1212218774 bytes
Got fatal error during xfer (Child exited prematurely)
Backup aborted (Child exited prematurely)

--
Best Regards,
Stephen