Thanks for your responses, but...

On 11/21/2017 05:53 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 8:54 AM, Евгений <nau...@yandex.ru> wrote:
Kinit for micha@ARAVA to access hayun-34 failed: Cannot find KDC for
requested realm
This is about Kerberos.
Have you configured kerberos properly? Is it working when you request ticket
(kinit command)?
I am not sure smbclient should use kerberos authentification by tickets by
default... can not check it for now.
The windows host that I am backing up is part of a windows domain. Nothing has changed on that side.

I believe smbclient will read the values from your /etc/samba/smb.conf
file at startup unless you have pointed it elsewhere with the -s
option.   If you are also running a samba server you may have
configured options that are incompatible with the backuppc client use.
   But that still doesn't explain a difference between full and
incremental runs.
That's what has me confused. And this problem started right after an update to samba on the BackupPC server.
In addition, BackupPC is successfully doing both fulls and incrementals from other (windows) servers.
??

--
Micha Silver
Ben Gurion Univ.