Hi all,

> I've just switched from BackupPC v3 to v4.4.0 and really appreciate the new
> feature „ClientShareName2Path“.
> I’m using it for mapping a LVM snapshot directory (which is created predump):
> $Conf{ClientShareName2Path} = {
>  '/' => '/.snapshot/root'
> };
>
> Problem is:
> When I try to restore a file, backuppc expects that the remote dir
> /.snapshot/root is still existing, which is not the case because it is
> removed after the backup. Besides that I do not even want to restore to the
> snapshot directory but to the live filesystem.
>
> Any chance to ignore the ClientShareName2Path variable for restores
> respectively how can I restore files to a different directory without
> creating the snapshot directory first?

just in case anybody has the same problem, I found a solution that is working
for me (although I would prefer a more obvious way):

Restore the files to host      xxx.xxx.tld
Restore the files to share     <leave that one completely empty>  <----
Restore the files below dir    /  (or whatever your dest. path is)
(relative to share)

Works because BackupPC sets dest path to / according to
lib/BackupPC/Xfer/Rsync.pm (line 104):
$remoteDir = "/" if ( $remoteDir eq "" );

So ClientShareName2Path seems to be „overwritten" this way.

Best regards,
Tom