> (http://www.bacula.org/dev-
> manual/Testing_Your_Tape_Drive.html#FreeBSDTapes) As far as I - not
> being a FreeBSD user - understand it, you have to set the eotmodel
> of the tape driver to fit with baculas setting.
>
> Fixed block size should not be necessary with a SCSI ADR drive.

Arno,

can you or somebody on the list give me a hand here.  I am finding that i am
unable to mount my onstream drive to /mnt.  it appears taht freeBSD is
requiring the block device.  how do I solve this problem?

---- snip ----

# mount /dev/sa0 /mnt
mount: /dev/sa0: Block device required

--- snip -----

here is what my setup script sent to the drive:

--- snip ---

# less tape.drive.setup.sh
#!/bin/sh
mt -f /dev/sa0 seteotmodel 1