On Monday, 31 July 2023 13:33:01 BST Martin Simmons wrote:
> I think the keys/fingerprints are here (from the DOWNLOADS menu on
> https://www.bacula.org/):
> https://www.bacula.org/bacula-distribution-verification-public-keys/

I see the Bacula Distribution Verification Public Keys but no mention of a
fingerprint.

> To unsubscribe, see the List-Unsubscribe link in the email headers (or
> https://www.bacula.org/support/email-lists/).
If I unsubscribe using the link in the emails, it sends a message using my
current email address, not the old one.  I need to find out how to email the
moderator.

I thought I would try to do the verification anyway. I did this:

graham@localhost:~/Documents/bacula11> gpg --import Bacula-4096-Distribution-
Verification-key.asc

graham@localhost:~/Documents/bacula11> gpg --verify bacula-11.0.6.tar.gz.sig
bacula-11.0.6.tar.gz
gpg: Signature made Thu 10 Mar 2022 15:58:02 GMT
gpg:                using RSA key 5235F5B668D81DB61704A82DC0BE2A5FE9DF3643
gpg:                issuer "k...@bacula.org"
gpg: Good signature from "Bacula 4096 Distribution Verification Key
(www.bacula.org) <k...@bacula.org>" [unknown]
gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the owner.
Primary key fingerprint: 5235 F5B6 68D8 1DB6 1704  A82D C0BE 2A5F E9DF 3643

I don't know if this means anything. Did it validate the file or not? All is
deeply unclear and mysterious

Graham