On Monday, 31 July 2023 22:44:15 BST Bill Arlofski via Bacula-users wrote:
> On 7/31/23 01:42, GRAHAM DICKER via Bacula-users wrote:
> > I find I have reasons to wantto verify if the gzip file I have downloaded
> > is the right file. I downloaded the gzip file for Bacula 11.0.6 and the
> > signature file. But the instructions I have been following to verify the
> > file say that I should compare the fingerprint with that given on the web
> > site. I can't find it on the web site. Does anyone know where I can find
> > it? Also, how do I unsubscribe my old email address? I now get two copies
> > of each posting. I can recieve but not send from the old address.
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > Graham Dicker
>
> Hello Graham,
>
> Why not just clone the Git repository?
>
> Git takes care of all of the gory details automatically.
>
> Plus you get the added benefit of having the latest version 13.0.3...
>

> Best regards,
> Bill
>
> --
> Bill Arlofski
> w...@protonmail.com

Hi Bill
That's a jolly good idea. I am trying that. I'm not familiar with the cloning
of a repository so I downloaded bacula-community-Release-13.0.2.tar.gz from
https://gitlab.bacula.org/bacula-community-edition/bacula-community/-/
releases. I hope that amounts to the same thing. Another funny thing: on
Opensuse I always need to edit the database creation scripts to add a switch
to tell mysql where the socket is. This seems to be because akonadi likes to
have it in /run/user/1000/akonadi and arguing with akonadi in the past has
always proved fruitless for me. If anyone knows how to avoid having to edit
the scripts I would be very grateful for the information.
Thanks
Graham