Am 10.04.24 um 16:45 schrieb Bill Arlofski via Bacula-users:
Hello Stefan,

No, this will not backup anything because you have not specified anything to backup with a `File = /path/to/somewhere` inside of your `Include{}` block. So far, you have only set something (WildFile) inside of an `Option{}` block.

There are several ways to do what you want (there always is with Bacula :)

The first, based on your current Fileset template will require a `File =` line as mentioned above and also another `Options{}` block to exclude everything else:
----8<----
Fileset {
    Name = "VM_xxx-y"
    Include {
     # This option block matches your *.vbk files and creates a signature in the catalog for backed up files
      Options {
       signature = sha1                           # You need a signature, so I added this        WildFile = "/mnt/backup/vmbackup/*.vbk"    # Note, I fixed your extra quotes and a backslash and simplified here
      }

     # This options block says to exclude everything else, not matched above
      Options {
        WildFile = "*.*"
        Exclude = yes
      }

     File = "/mnt/backup/vmbackup"      # And finally, what 'top level' directory are we considering for backups
    }
}
----8<----

This "Should work"™  I have not tested it, and wrote it quickly in my email client before finishing my first cup of coffee this morning. :)

First coffee here right now ;-)
Thanks for your example.

I didn't add "signature" but already came up with this yesterday:

Fileset {
  Name = "VM_XYZ"
  Include {
    File = "/mnt/backup/vmbackup/Backup XYZ"
    Options {
      WildFile = "*.vbk"
    }
    Options {
      Exclude = "Yes"
      RegexFile = ".*"
    }
  }
}

seems to work!

Do I have to add that signature-line?

Remember, when you have re-configured this Fileset and have issued a `reload` command in bconsole, instead or running the job, you can quickly see if your settings do what you want with an `estimate` command like:

* estimate listing job=xxxx

This way you don't have a bunch of failed jobs in your catalog. :)

Ah, good, that's a nice learning, thanks!

P.S. I see your files (or directories, I am not 100% sure which) have spaces in their names.  I would recommend doing yourself a favor and not using spaces if you can help it. It will make your life easier and save you from needing to "escape" spaces with backslashes, etc.

I totally agree, but it's not fully in my hand.

The Veeam--backups are done by another admin there .. I will talk to him to use better naming and also generalizing the directory names.

I am proceeding with editing and testing all my Filesets and Jobs now.

Have a great day,
Stafen