Am 11.04.24 um 07:49 schrieb Bill Arlofski via Bacula-users:
On 4/10/24 11:38 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:

First coffee here right now ;-)
Thanks for your example.

Hello Stefan,

You are welcome!

Well, it is 23:41 here now, so I have switched from coffee to beer. :)

Understandable ;-)

I didn't add "signature" but already came up with this yesterday:

Fileset {
    Name = "VM_XYZ"
    Include {
      File = "/mnt/backup/vmbackup/Backup XYZ"
      Options {
        WildFile = "*.vbk"
      }
      Options {
        Exclude = "Yes"
        RegexFile = ".*"
      }
    }
}

seems to work!

OH! Look at you, jumping from WildFile to RegexFile!  :)

I was trying to keep things simple, but OK. :)

Yes, this is fine. Remember my first post about there always being several ways to do something in Bacula? :)

Sure. So far it seems to work. At least I see other things to learn now ... as I get used to Bacula.

Do I have to add that signature-line?

To confirm why I made that comment, try running a restore of one of these jobs that you have now backed up. ;)
>> What do you see?

Will do tmrw

Sounds as if I should add these lines asap.

Glad y
ou got this working!

And, if you like we can talk about Client side scripts to point your `File = ` at too. Just for more fun and practice, of course. BUT... client side scripts are a bit less scalable as you might imagine. :)

Right now I don't know if I might need them. But I always like to learn.