HI

Thanks for taking the time to answer, but that was actualy not the question
I am aware that VSS is for copying files that maybe in Use in windows env., As i said most of our backup is from machines which are windows, both server and client

My question is if it possible to get bacula to not put a VSS backup in a volume(which makes it impossible to restore if by VSS tools if something happens to the bacula server), rather save it as it is, that is a sperate file, readable by teh VSS system

On 2024-04-24 03:29, Jose Alberto wrote:
Hi
https://www.bacula.org/5.1.x-manuals/es/main/main/Windows_Version_Bacula.html#SECTION003460000000000000000 <https://www.bacula.org/5.1.x-manuals/es/main/main/Windows_Version_Bacula.html#SECTION003460000000000000000>

VSS is for copying hot files that are being used. That doesn't happen with Linux. With Windows yes.

I don't know if that's the question.