Dear Elianna,

I've always taken the attitude that it is my job to submit things for review and it is their job to get it back. So I usually proceed with the publication process as soon as I submit, because publishers take a long time too. I figure if I don't hear from review, it passed. Usually when I do hear from them there is still time for the minor changes they sometimes want. I doubt if the institutions approve of this attitude but I'm not in a position professionally where I can wait indefinitely to hear a yes or no. So I assume a yes if I don't hear a no.

warmest, Susan