Dear Sandra,

<>Ruhiyyih Khanum thought that Shoghi Effendi had appointed
her a Hand of the Cause just because she was his wife.<>

I believe that was something Violette Nakhjavani said in her talk about Ruhiyyih Khanum at the North American ABS in 2000. I'm not saying that Shoghi Effendi said anything to make her think that, just that she thought that. I do remember Violette disagreeing with one or more of the things Ruhiyyih Khanum said about herself.

<>Mr. Balyuzi said that his last book was the only thing he
had ever done for the Faith.<>

The thought occurs to me that perhaps he was commenting on
"personal initiative" rather than "serving" the Cause.  When
appointed, the Hands accepted service to the Cause
unconditionally - to go beyond that requires individual
initiative.

I heard this one also at an ABS. It was from someone who had known him. I doubt you're right, given the other books written previously.

Regards,
David

Surf the net and talk on the phone with Xtra Jetstream @ http://www.xtra.co.nz/products/0,,5803,00.html !

__________________________________________________ You are subscribed to Baha'i Studies as: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] To unsubscribe send a blank email to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Baha'i Studies is available through the following: Mail - mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Web - http://list.jccc.net/read/?forum=bahai-st News - news://list.jccc.net/bahai-st http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist (public) http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED] (public)