Vishal <vsapr...@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I have a friend, who's finished his education and looking for work. He
> asked me about freelance programming and I had nothing to share with
> him.  Thought of getting to know this mode of professional
> programming.

I wouldn't recommend it for a fresher. It's kind of harrowing and
there's a lot of "non programming" stuff necessary to do it full time.

I would recommend that she join a startup or a small company and get
some real work experience before jumping into this.

During my initial freelancing/moonlighting days, I spent time on odesk
and other sites but didn't really get very far. All the projects I've
really done came from contacts rather than websites.

> I am trying to get a feel of how it is to do freelance
> programming...in Python..in India ?

It's not *hard* but it's not easy either. You need a reputation which
you might have straight out of college but that's not very common. I'd
recommend some time working for a regular (though small) company to cut
your teeth before getting into this full time.

[...]

--
~noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in