Roman Turovsky wrote:
Part 2:
Andante con Variazioni for Torban and Orchestra.
http://torban.org/audio/torban-dumka.mp3

Beautiful piece, thanks. But a little bit more info wouldn't be bad. If I had to analyze the piece wihout any info I would say it is "ethnic" music, a modern arragement of a folk piece, perhaps made for a movie about 19th century peasant love story - very beautiful and well played, but perhaps not the deepest music, very easy to listen. The orchestra sounded a little like a bass balalaika orchestra with some percussion instrument(s)?

Arto