Well, my original mail on this subject referred - among other things -
about the possibility of correcting the tuning on higher frets easier than
on the first fret: the first fret bb and f# are hard to tune by left hand
pressure - that problem becomes much easier on higher frets. Perhaps this
correcting is the "charlatan" of us lutenists? :)

Are there really any serious lutenists, who just "push the buttons", just
set the finger on the string without "colouring" the pitch by the finger
pressure up or down?

Best,

Arto