..thanks Andreas

   ..actually the working index of the majority od surviving and hoping
   not modified lutes and even 5 course guitars whose standard pitch is
   more or less can be know ( French pitch , German , Venetian pitch)
   raging from 220 till 235 Hz/mt that is the poit were a gut top string
   start to stop to follow the stress /strain proportion. After this limit
   the string go ahead to breack (this happen two sentitone far, more or
   less. Depend by the string)

   After that point a gut string do not stretch furthermore while the
   frequency start to increase in a very fast way even for few turn of the
   peg (daniello bartoli 1670 ca: a gut string breack when it cannot
   stretch furthermore )

   A working index of 250 is out of any possibility. There is another
   explanation that at present I do not have concerning the pitch
   standard

   Ciao

   Mimmo

   Il giorno 08 apr 2017, alle ore 14:28, Andreas Schlegel