On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 11:31:41AM +0200, Aniruddha wrote:
> > $  cvs -d:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvsroot/barry login
> > Logging in to :pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:2401/cvsroot/barry
> > CVS password:
> > cvs login: warning: failed to open /home/aniruddha/.cvspass for reading: No
> > such file or directory

That looks like a permissions problem on your system.  I assume you're
running as user "aniruddha".  Try changing the permissions on .cvspass:

        cd /home/aniruddha
        touch .cvspass
        chmod 0600 .cvspass

Note that once you get the sources from CVS, you'll need to run the
buildgen.sh script.  This script depends on autoconf, automake, libtool, etc.
Make sure you have them installed on your system.

- Chris