I too am still having permissions problems.

I've tried everything you suggested ... first I created and installed the
.deb files. Still had the same exact error.

So I uninstalled those, started over, and manually copied over the .rules
file as you instructed.
Still no luck.

I'm already a member of plugdev, so that shouldn't be a problem.

I'm open to any suggestions at this point.

Matthew E. McKimmy

http://www.mattmckimmy.com