On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 09:15:27PM -0500, ashley willis wrote:
> if anyone has downloaded this already, download it again. i made a
> non-destuctive patch which adds an "-n" option to btool to use the null
> parser, and modified my programs to reflect this. it might not be an
> ideal patch, as i don't really know what i'm doing, but it works afaict.

Hi Ashley,

I've applied your btool null parser patch to the latest CVS, so your
perlbarry package doesn't need a special patch anymore.

I've also added your perlbarry package under contrib/perlbarry.

I'm working through testing the scripts, and so far found just a few
small issues:

        - if two devices are plugged in at once, the scripts get
          confused... this isn't too big a deal, but would be nice
          to have handled better

        - some of the scripts embed binary ASCII characters in the
          sources... this confuses tools like diff, making it think
          the files are binary... could those characters be substituted
          for escaped codes?

        - when running the barrybkup script, some database directories
          end up empty, and tar gives a blast of errors in those cases

Also, in testing your btool null parser patch, I found a bug in the
null parser itself, which caused the record unique IDs to be incorrect.
I fixed this as well.

Thanks very much for your scripts and for making them available to be
added to Barry.  I'm quite pleased to see the IPD file format in perl
script form.

- Chris