Is there a way to accelerate the correction progress of this bug?

Some people affirmed the assumption of https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=20080418033504.GA12750%40foursquare.net .
I can affirm that, too.

btool -d "Address Book" shows all entries correct, | less shows <80> (€ sign) and hex shows 0x80 and no entry is cut off.
Thus I think the bug must be part of the plugin-code.

We want to use barry to sync our contacts and calendar entries with KDE-kontact but are not able to do this because every entry is cut off after a german umlaut or any other special character.
This bug makes the barry-sync unusable in european countries :-(.

This bug may be the same as bug 1928121 https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1928121&group_id=153722&atid=788904 . Repeated synchronizations lead to multiple entries due to the fact that they differ with each cut off.

Because this is a frustrating (but small?) bug making barry impossible to use seriously for almost all people in the world, imho you should place this bugfix on top of your roadmap.

Best regards,
Torsten Krall