Great! Thanks for your help Chris :-).
I will test your changes at Wednesday and let you know the results of my tests by Thursday.

- Torsten

Chris Frey schrieb:
On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 09:05:10AM +0100, TKL-Soft Vertrieb wrote:
Because this is a frustrating (but small?) bug making barry impossible to use seriously for a lot of people in the world, imho you should place this bugfix on top of your roadmap.

We are willing to spend 100 € to the first one who corrected that bug till the end of 2008. Maybe 100 € is not very much but due to the fact that this is a serious bug which should be corrected anyway this money is intended as a small incentive.

At long last, we may be close to a solution to this bug. :-)

I've updated the latest git/CVS with some changes to the library that
support converting from the Blackberry's WINDOWS-1252 charset to
a user-specified iconv target.  Basically, the only one that logically
works is the UTF-8 target, since that is full Unicode in 8bit strings,
but you can play with other settings using btool, if you're curious.

I've updated the opensync plugin to use this as well, and now all contact
string data will be in UTF-8.  I don't have time tonight to test whether
opensync likes this or not, but btool appears to spit out the right UTF-8
contact data, so hopes are high.

Only the Contact record class supports string conversions so far, although
all the other record classes have been updated to follow the new API.
It's just a matter of some grunt work to go through and make sure all
string fields get the proper attention.

Please download and compile the latest git/CVS and let know of any
problems you encounter.

Enjoy :-)

- Chris