On 15/03/2011 21:27, Chris Frey wrote:
Regardless of what we do with Barry, I think libusb 0.1 should be fixed,
too.
I'll send a message to the libusb development list, but I'm not very hopeful that they will be receptive to the idea of updating libusb 0.1. The latest release of libusb 0.1 was in March 2006 and the libusb.org website says "Development status:libusb-0.1has reached maturity and no further changes or releases are expected."
I agree with this plan.  And if you do this, please add a configure
option, so the user can choose at ./configure time which libusb to use,
and then add a compile test to test/buildtest.sh.  I run this script
before releases, and periodically during development, and even though
it takes a while to run, it does catch build system bugs that I would
otherwise have missed.
Good point, I'd not considered that people could have both on their system but want to force one or the other to be used.

Regards,

Toby