Hi,

On 17/03/2011 12:33, naveen_...@yahoo.co.in wrote:
> Thankyou for your support.
That's ok, it's what this mailing list is for :)
> Now I'm able to run the usbclient application without any alignment trap
> errors.
Out of interest, what did you have to change to do this? What was the
problem causing the alignment trap errors?

> But when run the usbclient application it is giving error as follows.
>
> Using PIN: 31e09657
> Connecting to device channel with an empty password
> Exception caught: Controller: requested mode not supported.
Have you modified the usbclient application? If you're using it
unmodified then it expects an application on the BlackBerry to be
listening for a channel with the name 'JDE_USBClient'. This is the
channel name used by the usbdemo sample provided by RIM (which can be
found in JDE 5.0.0 at C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE
5.0.0\samples\com\rim\samples\device\usbdemo).

If you have got the usbdemo sample running on the device then you'll
need to remember to choose to start listening for the channel from the
application menu.

The instructions here might help:
http://www.netdirect.ca/software/packages/barry/rawchannel.php
> So please suggest me, what could be the problem for getting above error.
The 'requested mode not supported' error means that the BlackBerry is
reporting that the requested channel name isn't a known channel name.
> If mode has to be changed, how do we do it and what mode should be used when
> BB connected to a ARM based device. We are trying to interact with an
> application running on the blackberry.
Is your application using the net.rim.device.api.system.USBPort API? Or
the javax.microedition.io.Connector API? If it's the Connector then what
URL are you giving it?

Regards,

Toby