On Tue, Nov 01, 2011 at 01:10:57PM +0000, Toby Gray wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've managed to get Barry building and working on Android. Currently
> it's just libbarry and the tools which only make use of libbarry (e.g.
> not bjdwp as it uses libbarrydp and libarryjdwp).

Very cool! :-)

> Does anyone have any comments, suggestions or improvements?

Can you explain to me the technical reasons for the time.h rename?

I kinda have that in there on purpose, to expose brokenness... and it
looks like Android is broken, if this is a problem.  I'm therefore
pre-disposed to not like that patch, unless it comes with a reeeeally,
reeeeally good reason. :-)

Also, instead of the #ifdefs in various non-compatible places in the
source code, I'd rather see a platform specific module, maybe android.cc,
which gets added optionally during ./configure, where things like
stub versions of pthread_cancel() are stored. Also, an iconvandroid.cc,
similar to iconvwin.cc, instead of cluttering the main iconv.cc

This way, we get to rely on common APIs in the rest of the code, and
the platform specific stuff can get as hairy as it needs to in its own
file, and each file is straightforward, without having to run a mental
preprocessor while coding.

I seem you've removed the iconv.cc changes in a later patch, so this
is just commentary now. :-)

Thanks,
- Chris