On 11/11/11 01:57, Chris Frey wrote:
I'm assuming that you need EXTRA_DIST for the buildtest script?  Or do you
need it for your own work?

My only reason for doing it as a subdir was so that doing "make distclean && make dist" in the root generated tarballs without any Android object files or final binaries in them (assuming that adding the whole directory into EXTRA_DISTS would pick these up).

However as long as you don't try to build android before bundling up a tarball for release then this shouldn't be a problem.

I just put the whole android directory into the top level EXTRA_DIST,
with a few other tweaks, and it works for me here.  I don't see that it is
strictly necessary to have android/ in the subdirs list, so I removed that.
Let me know if that was a mistake.

Seems fine to me. I've got one small change to make to the Makefile as it's no longer processed by automake which I've done as:

https://github.com/tobygray/barry/commit/c8a0e02fd876bb90c29922fcd4739e10f1671526

The libusb error code patch got me thinking, and I had to change it back,
for the most part, but I also changed the API of the Init call that
relied on it, so hopefully this issue is fully solved now.  The
TranslateErrcode() function is now just a convenience function, which
it almost was before, and the libusb/system error code separation is
more consistent.

Looks like a good change to me. I think the separation into a boolean and an error code is sensible.

Since the android/ directory is fairly standalone, I'm considering you as
its maintainer.  Feel free to push any changes under that directory.
As long as I don't see something obvious, I plan to just merge it in, since
I don't have a test system to for it yet, and don't really know if it works
or not.  If it works for you, I want it included.

Sounds like a sensible plan with me.

Again, thanks for your work on this!

That's ok, it was a straight forward enough job thanks to how you've structured Barry for ease of porting.

Regards,

Toby