On Wed, May 02, 2012 at 12:28:23PM -0600, Nathanael Noblet wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   Congrats on another release. I've got a relatively minor issue. Its
> actually been an issue for awhile. As part of fedora packaging guidelines,
> embedded rpaths is not allowed. I've tried passing the configure script
> --disable-rpath as well as --enable-rpathack. Neither of which result in
> the expected behaviour. You can test this by doing
>
> ./configure --disable-rpath --enable-rpathhack && make
> find . -type f -print0 | xargs -0r check-rpath-worker
>
> I'm wondering if anyone knows why the --disable-rpath isn't functioning?

Hi Nathanael,

The --disable-rpath option doesn't do anything for us.  It is part of the
gnulib stuff, and only affects some internal gnulib macros.  It looks
useful, but it doesn't do anything close to what we need. :-)

The --enable-rpathhack was added by me, and should work.  If it works, you
should see some message about fixing "HIDEOUS BREAKAGE" in the configure
script output. :-)

But this feature only modifies the libtool script in the Barry directory.
I suppose it is possible that some other libtool script is used on Fedora.
Does this happen on Fedora 16 or just 17?  Maybe I can run some tests
here, but all my own rpm test builds have been succeeding so far, and
my barry.spec uses --enable-rpathhack.

- Chris