Hi All,

First of all: a superb feature! Editing text files in BASE is extremely
useful for fixing batch import sheets. It saves a lot of time spent on
uploading new versions of sheets after each single fix. Great job!

I discovered that it has an 8kb limitation though. One can open or paste
a text that is larger then 8kb, but when saving, the file is truncated.
No warning is issued. I read in the ticket
http://base.thep.lu.se/ticket/1270 that the availability of editing
might be limited to size and type of the file, and I am wondering if
this limit can be increased?  I hope there are no technical limitations
that required to set the size limit in the first place.
I guess 50-100kb would be a reasonable size for us. Many of our import
sheets have more than 100 lines and they easily exceed 8kb.

Another request would be a warning displayed when the file can't be
saved/edited because of its size. It took us a while to find out what is
going on with some of the files being properly saved, while others were
not. What do you think about it?

All the best,
Pawel Sztromwasser